Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Pizza Party

One of the good things about my bar review schedule is that I can cook and eat all my meals at home. No more packing things up in the Gladware. In fact, planning meals and cooking food has been one of my outlets to keep me sane.

While out stocking up on groceries this weekend, I found something amazing at Trader Joe's: 99 cent pizza dough. I have had random pizza cravings the past few weeks, but have resisted the urge because of how bad for it usually is for you. Making it though meant healthier (yeah, still not the healthiest thing), cheaper, and more delicious pizza.

The dough was very easy to work with, and I covered it with Fire Roasted Tomato and Garlic pasta sauce, tons of chopped pineapples, chopped turkey kilebasa, chopped garlic (can you tell I love garlic?), and lightly sprinkled it with parmesean cheese and oregeno. It turned out really well. The crust was especially good: light, airy, crispy but chewy on the inside, and the perfect thickness. A pizza for probably less than five bucks and enough to last me at least four meals if I add a salad on the side. I feel like I am ready for my own Food Network show.

Over the past few years, my roommate and I have made BBQ chicken pizza and a roasted butternut squash pizza with rosemary, both of which were great. So many other possibilities to try. So many other recipes to try generally. Lucky for me I have 2 more months of studying to go cooking crazy.

Picture courtesy of Devour This.

1 comment:

faithsalutes said...

It is official: I am coming to visit to eat pizza.