Friday, April 03, 2009

I heart Michelle

My newest guilty pleasure: looking at pictures of Michelle Obama's fashion choices.

I used to be one of those snobby people who hated fluffy news. However, with the stream of depressing news about economic woes and violence, it is nice to have something fun to read.

This week Michelle Obama accompanied her husband to Europe for the G20 Summit. I loved seeing all her outfits, especially her fashion showdown with France's First Lady who was a model. I am in no way a fashionista, but I think that's why I like Michelle Obama; she seems accessible to all of us. The woman who gets fashion designers fighting after her also shops at J. Crew. Thank you to Project Rungay and the Huffington News Style page for all the pictures.

Reading about her stories from the trip was also very uplifting. My favorite was about how she gave a powerful and emotional speech to English schoolgirls about growing up on the Southside of Chicago and the importance of education.

No comments: