- The Event: George Washington University's Fifth Inauguration Ball
- Cost of the Event for the University: $575,000 to cover renting the Omni's seven ballrooms, transportation, coat check, live bands, and food.
- Number of attendees: 5,4000, including 20 ambassadors
- Best quote of the night: Tonight is not about you and me, or what our relationship is. Tonight is about the new President of the United States! --Female yelling this at a male at the coat check.
- The Dress: Calvin Klein dress, originally $200 that I got at Filene's Basement for $50. Thank you 40% New Year's sale + 20% coupon.
- The Shoes: Heels that I have not worn since my high school prom.
Friday, January 23, 2009
The Ball (aka Political Prom)
As excited as everyone was about the Inauguration itself, the most questions I have received about that day have been about the ball I went to. Although it was not an official ball with President Obama and Michelle in attendance, I still had a great time. Here is a breakdown of the night: