Sunday, August 31, 2008

Reunited

Today I attended my first wedding of a high school friend, which meant seeing many friends from high school that I have not seen in years. My best friend Megan and I teared up as we saw our good friend Natasha, gorgeous as ever, walk down the aisle. It felt like only yesterday when Natasha was a head shorter than us in junior high and had these huge, thick, pink plastic glasses. Now she's all grown up, marrying another one our friends from high school.

I think the most fun part of the night was the dancing. I am a horrible dancer, but there is something about being out there with good high school friends along with some songs from that era (we specially requested Bye, Bye, Bye to embarrass Natasha because she used to have a huge crush on Justin Timberlake) that makes you not care.

Today felt like a mini high school reunion, but a good one because it was only people you actually wanted to see. We dished about who got married and who has kids, caught up on what everyone was doing, and felt bad that we all did not keep in touch. It is hard to see one another since everyone left Santa Clarita to go to college and many of our parents moved away. Hopefully we will not have to wait until another wedding our the official 10 year reunion to see each other again.

No comments: