/Commence UCLA gloating/ See, in addition to having stellar academics, we have the most national championships out of any university and are an Olympian-producing machine. Here are some interesting factoids:
- This year UCLA is sending 33 athletes and 5 coaches to the Olympics.
- UCLA has medaled in every single Olympic games in which it has participated.
- In 2004, UCLA sent 57 athletes and coaches to Athens to represent the US and 13 more to represent other countries. That's the most athletes out of any university.
- In 2004, UCLA brought back 19 medals. If UCLA were a country, it would have placed 14th overall in the medal count.
- Americans brought Westwood's infamous Diddy Riese cookies all the way to Beijing.
- Michelle Kwan, Jackie Joyner Kersee, Gail Devers, and Reggie Miller are just some of the Olympians from UCLA. (full list here)