Sunday, July 27, 2008

I Want my HGTV

When I clean or do work on my computer, I always like having background TV for some noise. Ideally, background tv should be something interesting but not too interesting as to distract from my work. It also should be something continuous so I do not have to go find something new after half an hour. Top Model, Law & Order, or other similar marathons are ideal, and Food Network also used to be a good standby, but now I cannot stand half of the people who are overexposed on that channel (mainly Rachel Ray, Paula Deen, Guy Fieri).

So my new background tv is HGTV, Home and Garden television. My favorite show is House Hunters, where people visit 3 potential homes to purchase and you guess which ones they'll pick. The international version is really cool, as you see people visit real estate in Buenos Aires, Honduras, Carribean, etc. HGTV's other interior design shows are also addictive. Yes, I am a middle aged woman, but we already knew that.

The bad side about watching all of this is that I want to buy a house now. After living in seven different places in the past six years, I want to have a place where I can buy real furniture and paint the walls. But alas, I will have to wait at least another year, probably more.

No comments: