But now that I am temporarily in the working world, it is another day in the office. Motivating myself to do work can be tough, especially in those late afternoon hours. Fortunately, a few things made it a good Friday . . .
- Avocado Breakfast Burritos! Every Friday, my office rotates between breakfast burritos and muffins/pastries, with fresh fruit always on the side. I had the breakfast burrito with fresh California avocados, heaven.
- A HUGE bouquet of beautiful flowers from Alex. I wish I had my camera to take a picture and show-off. They definitely brought some color to my undecorated and boring office.
- A "very good job!" on my education memo from tough supervising attorney. Yup, I even got an exclamation point.
In other random news:
- There has been a second bear sighting around UCSB, near where I am living right now. Maybe I'll stick with the fitness room rather than run along the coast. I especially like the logo the local news made for the story. Maybe SB should have followed suit with Cal and UCLA and picked a bear mascot instead of a Gaucho.
- The National Weather Service has issued a Heat Advisory and an Excessive Heat Watch for DC. Temperatures in the upper 90s and 100, with humidity. Sheesh, DC's really gone to Hell in a handbasket since I left.