Sunday, January 06, 2008

The Terminal

Yesterday my flight was at 10:40am. When I got to the airport at 9am, I found out that my flight had been changed to 3:30pm
...then they changed the time to 4:30pm
...then they changed the time to 2:00pm
...then they changed the time to 4:07pm
...then, as we were ready to board the plane, they changed the time to 4:20pm
...then they changed it to 4:32pm
Thank you weather delays.

With 35 out of 90 flights in my terminal were delayed or cancelled (yes, I was so bored I counted), the terminal was crowded and a mess. College girls bursting into tears because they thought they would not make it back, couples yelling at each other and then in turn yelling at waiters at Wolfgang Puck Express, and kids running around like mad. I felt like Tom Hanks going crazy stuck in a terminal.

We finally boarded the plane after they found a person to replace the missing flight attendant. After 6 hours of delays, I was glad to be back home...even if I have to go to class tomorrow.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I was beginning to wonder where you had disappeared to! Glad you made it back safe and sound =)