Saturday, January 26, 2008

Not Leaving the Children Behind, Part 8431

I spent most of today making yet another round of edits on my Comment about No Child Left Behind. Since I wrote my first draft in July, I feel like I have been working on this piece for an eternity, and sometimes I do not even recognize my own writing.

Yet, as much as I bemoan going through another series of edits, I am very excited. Simply watching the formatting of my text by the senior editors has made this process more real. When you turn in your comment, it is supposed to be in 12 pt. Courier New with endnotes. Then as I went through publication edits, my piece was changed to 12 pt. Times with footnotes. Now, in my final round of edits, my piece looks like how it will look in the book with 11 pt. New Bakersville font, headers, a table of contents, and even a space for me to write my dedication.

And for those of you who have asked, you can get your copy March 21st. Be forewarned, the Comment is pretty. . . technical and nerdy.

No comments: