Sunday, December 23, 2007

Christmas Traditions

Some yearly traditions around the Doan household:
  • My brother and I losing to my Uncle Tim in Trivial Pursuit (which was followed by my brother flipping over all the pieces- something that happened often in my childhood when I beat my brother in board games).
  • Watching UCLA football lose its Bowl Game. Stupid blocked field goal.
  • Martha Stewart's Seafood Stew for Christmas Eve dinner.
  • Family "critique" of the Christmas letter that I write. The rest of our mailing list raves about the letter and always wait for it, but alas, you cannot please everyone. This has become such a high pressure duty.
  • Culinary lessons from my aunts and grandma.
  • Watching the West Wing with my brother.
  • Constant questioning about whether the entire extended family is crazy or if this is how all families are (I am going to guess the latter).
  • My parents giving me all the presents to wrap, even my own. Let me tell you, it takes a lot of self-restraint to not open the box your parents are making you wrap.
  • Watching all the presents I took so long to wrap and neatly arrange under the tree get all torn up in minutes. I can't wait for it tomorrow.

No comments: