Thursday, August 23, 2007

The First of the Second

I have officially finished my first week of my second year of law school and I am absolutely exhausted but very content with life.

Even though things already seem much busier, I think the reason why everything seems much more manageable this year is because we have more control. Classes seem better when we get to pick the subject and the professors. Activities are more meaningful when we choose them for a specific purpose. Our weekends seem more flexible because they are not dictated by a legal rhetoric schedule. And overall, I think we all have a greater sense of control in our lives because we know what we are doing this time around.

With more control comes mores responsibility and higher expectations. But I think law school students are the type who thrive on all of the above.

No comments: