Sunday, June 10, 2007

Iron Chef

My favorite law school activity is making up new recipes or trying ones that I find on AllRecipes or see on Food Network. I wanted an excuse to make lots of bite size recipes that I had been accumulating, so yesterday we had a birthday celebration/ summer siesta tapas-style party. To the left is just a portion of the food spread, and people who came also brought a lot of good food (apparently other law school students like to cook too). And yes, I did label everything, I'm Martha Stewart like that.

Through my culinary adventures, I've realized how amazing asian cooking and asian cooking techniques are. One of ravest reviews I got were from the steamed Cilantro and Chipotle Chicken wontons that Alex helped me make. On the assembly line...


Voila, Finish Product


Bamboo steamers are an amazing invention, and as oppose to deep frying the wontons, steamers cook all the wontons in a matter of minutes. It might just be new favorite cooking appliance, after the wok and George Foreman Grill.

[edit: I forgot to mention that my wonderful boyfriend Alex bought me the bamboo steamer. I love him even if I think his ulterior motive was for me to make him Asian food.]

No comments: