Thursday, June 07, 2007

In My Prime

I've officially moved out of being a palindrome and into being a prime number. What can I say? When you pass 21, the only landmarks you can find are within geeky math terminology.

So I realized today that this was my first birthday when I wasn't still in school; I have become one of those kids with a summer birthday. It's hard to explain, but it makes me feel more like an adult to have a low-key but very enjoyable day.

The highlights of my day included going to the Capitol Hill (rather than over the hill) in my new suit (which my roommate has now deemed my 'birthday suit'). Yes, you just got 2 bad puns for the price of one. After some more craziness with the voting, I came back to the office for lunch, and then got to go out to another hearing. Although exhausting, it was really nice to get out of the office for a day. Then, I had a very DC birthday by going to happy hour after work with some good company.

But the best part of the day was hearing from all my wonderful friends and family. I also realized that this is my first birthday away from my family, Alex, and most of my friends. I wish I could spend it with everyone, but it again, is one of those growing up things. But huge thank yous to those people scattered across the world and country for the birthday wishes, and the people closeby (including a wonderful roommie) who I got to celebrate with.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristina,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Love,
Chaka

Anonymous said...

Im glad you had a good day. You deserve it. K week continues....