Saturday, June 02, 2007

Book Clubbing

I was going to head to Borders this weekend to pick up some books to read and then a surprise package came in the mail. My parents know their bookworm daughter all too well, and sent over two books for an early birthday present: A Thousand Spendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini and The Assault on Reason by Al Gore.

Some of my friends from school and I were talking about starting a book club over the summer since we actually have time for leisure reading now. I mentioned that I received Hosseini's latest book (if you haven't read the Kite Runner, you should!) and everyone immediately nominated it as our first book.

So, if you're looking for a summer book to read, you know what I'll be reading first and I'll be happy to discuss. And if you have any recommendations for book #2, send it over.

No comments: